Outages at FSM 19

More
2 years 9 months ago #5746 by FSM19
Outages at FSM 19 was created by FSM19
Outages are now down to my Internet provider, MEO. Despite several calls they seem to be unwilling to fix the problem, or even accept that there is one. Problem here is that services are provided by a single company in each local authority district, so you can't change providers.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 9 months ago #5748 by FSM19
Replied by FSM19 on topic Outages at FSM 19
Have finally convinced ISP to take action, or at least my wife has. We did some speed tests and also told them times of outages. Speeds varied from 1.5 tro 10 mbps over a thirty minute period. Again they suggested having fibre optic, tyhey had difficulty understanding that our little village (26 inhabitants) is way down on the list for getting fibre. Currently we use 4G.

More
2 years 9 months ago #5753 by FSM19
Looks all fixed+. Two rechnicians tuned up, they actually got lost because nobody gave them the address!. Outcome is new router and external antenna. Connection speeds have rocketed! If it keeps up I won't even bother to upgraede to fibre.

More
2 years 9 months ago #5761 by DonZalmrol
Replied by DonZalmrol on topic Outages at FSM 19
Nice!

More
2 years 8 months ago - 2 years 8 months ago #5837 by FSM19
Still major issues with outages due to the ISP. Allarently this is what we have to put up with here. Our village only has 26 inhabitants, so we are not high priority. However my own system now seems stable. I will have a planned outage sometime this weekend when I finalise some of the system. Should only be for about 1 hr, and probably on Sunday morning.
Last edit: 2 years 8 months ago by FSM19.

Moderators: Gamma-Man
Time to create page: 0.133 seconds