High readings at FSM19

More
2 years 8 months ago - 2 years 8 months ago #5812 by FSM19
Replied by FSM19 on topic High readings at FSM19
Still working on it. New counter under test.  Seems to be working OK. Will be off line periodically while I do some minor mods and update the firmware.

Last edit: 2 years 8 months ago by FSM19.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 8 months ago #5833 by FSM19
Firmware update seems to be fine, it was only peripheral anyway. The unit itself will now be left on for a few days continuously to see how things go.

More
2 years 8 months ago #5835 by Sonarflash
Replied by Sonarflash on topic High readings at FSM19
Hi, VA7BDG. I had this problem a few years ago. My GM tube/USB interface kept getting high readings when I was on 20M. Solution was to make a Faraday cage of aluminium foil inside and outside the USB module ABS box, and add an extra layer of well-grounded coax shielding braid to both cables and the aluminium. Problem solved.
The following user(s) said Thank You: FSM19

More
2 years 8 months ago #5836 by FSM19
Thanks for your comments. My probe is in a copper foil covered abs box now. The last problem seems to have been caused by an old Codar CR-70A that used to belong to my late father (G4ZPV). I recently got it working again, but there was a problem with the break-down of the electrolytics in the power supply, causing pulses. Anyway I'm doing a total change of setup here.

More
2 years 8 months ago #5838 by FSM19
The high reading this afternoon was due to a schoolboy error. I was testing the alarm circuit using a radium source, and forgot to go offline! The outages yesterday were due to power failures.

More
2 years 8 months ago - 2 years 8 months ago #5839 by Bert490
Replied by Bert490 on topic High readings at FSM19
Hi FSM19,
From within Radlog, you can delete the last 'n' hours of data, up to 168 hours.  It is on the 'radmon.org' tab in the Windows version (can't recall your OS).  That would clean the erroneous graph data.

Last edit: 2 years 8 months ago by Bert490.

Moderators: Gamma-Man
Time to create page: 0.166 seconds