High Alert Readings

• Sonarflash
  • Sonarflash's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Blind since 1966 - 51+ years with insight.
More
8 years 5 months ago #1586 by Sonarflash
Was just reviewing my ongoing log file. Looks like my standard deviation is way off, 9.X and the counts spiked a few times this afternoon aat a max of 75. Then, I checked alerts and saw counts in the hundreds.
Has there been a cosmic event? Looks like Alerts has high readings all over the world.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 5 months ago #1589 by W8HF
Replied by W8HF on topic High Alert Readings
Wow. My station started reporting 0 CPM around 11:40 UTC today. The Raspberry Pi is still running but reporting zeros. Either the power to the three detectors failed but not the Pi or something in my homebrew software overflowed and died. It would happen the day we may have had increased counts from cosmic rays.

I'm just getting ready to leave work and checked the radmon map and discovered issue. I'll know more when I get home.

More
8 years 5 months ago #1590 by W8HF
Replied by W8HF on topic High Alert Readings
Problem found. The power strip that the Geiger counters were plugged into got unplugged this morning somehow. The Raspberry Pi was getting power from another outlet and continued reporting zero counts. I need to modify my software to not report 0 counts.

Moderators: Gamma-Man
Time to create page: 0.125 seconds