Wildfires in Canada

More
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #1280 by Bert490
Wildfires in Canada was created by Bert490
I follow a few radiation sites, and although this site does not show any chages in Canada and northern USA, the following site does (or did) netc.com . The icon colours there are based on change rate, not raw CPM value.
Many of the detectors on that map are outdoor units that filter and concentrate airborne particles, and specifically measure Beta radiation, and several of those have shown a sharp rise over the past week, Many are now back to normal, but some are still high. A forum on the topic is here: www.netc.com/bb/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=1244 .

To VE7CUP in Buck Flats ~ south of Houston BC: I hope you're OK where you are, and that your sensor gets back online soon.
Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by Bert490.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 6 months ago #1435 by Sonarflash
Replied by Sonarflash on topic Wildfires in Canada
This summer, there was a bad forest fire southwest of Duncan, out near Port Renfrew, the Lizard Lake fire. I expected some increase, but saw no jump in my pancake detector readings.
One thing I didn't do is get an air filter reading. For about a week, a smoke haze lay thick over the Cowichan Valley and city of Duncan. Not sure of that areas minerals. Perhaps there were less isotopes in the soil and trees.
Brian, VA7BDG, Duncan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Gamma-Man
Time to create page: 0.128 seconds