Attachments Can Be a Problem

• Sonarflash
  • Sonarflash's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Blind since 1966 - 51+ years with insight.
More
6 years 8 months ago #3494 by Sonarflash
Making attachments using my JAWS 18 screen reader has become difficult. I've tried to attach photos in the Geiger-Mueller Tube forum with little or no success.
The pictures and discussion have been around the Russian SBT-11 (bg) and SBT-11A GM tube, a relatively inexpensive rectangular mica window detector.
I had one SBT-11 (BG) which kept avalanching, so I deliberately ruptured the mica window and took pictures. I also have a spare SBT-11A that is broken, so I removed the window and took more pictures. The internal construction of both tubes feels identical. If we can somehow upload pictures in the G-M tube forum, (help!) others can do a better visual comparison.

I don't know how I made this mistake previously, but I thought the tube had 3 anode rods. A simple error. What I'd been feeling with a fingertip were 3 ridges made by folds of the sheet metal cathode which is formed to create four channels. The four anode wires run down the middle of these four cathode channels , and somewhat below the top of each ridge.
Although there are four anode wires, the two centre anode wires are common, both connected to the external, centre anode pin connector. I checked this on both models with a talking multimeter.
The two external cathode pin connectors are common to the entire sheet metal cathode.
I'll also try to attach a jpg file or two here. If anybody wants to communicate, please e-mail me direct at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it., as I only occasionally check my mail on this forum. Besides that, if you want, I can probably e-mail you photos direct without all these editor hassles...

:kiss:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 8 months ago - 6 years 8 months ago #3497 by mw0uzo
Replied by mw0uzo on topic Attachments Can Be a Problem
Hey Brian :)
Love the work and fiddling with tubes and counters that you are doing.
If you have problems attaching jpegs, let me know the error. Probably I have the size limit set to low on the forum.
Can you check the jpeg size of your photos and I'll make sure the limit is in excess of what it is. Maybe they're a few MB?
Last edit: 6 years 8 months ago by mw0uzo.

More
6 years 8 months ago #3498 by mw0uzo
Image upload limit is now 8Mb. Also significantly increased the image sizes allowed and a few other settings, they were set unrealistically low.

• Sonarflash
  • Sonarflash's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Blind since 1966 - 51+ years with insight.
More
6 years 8 months ago #3501 by Sonarflash
Okay, here goes again. These files are 3000 kb.
One is a peeled open sbt-11, the other an sbt-11A with only the mica window removed.

More
6 years 8 months ago - 6 years 8 months ago #3503 by mw0uzo

Procedure
Find attachments box under the message textbox.
Click Add File, then select the file wanted.
Then click Insert button, which is two buttons after Add File
There should now be an attachment tag in the message text box
Click submit
Attachments:
Last edit: 6 years 8 months ago by mw0uzo.

Moderators: Gamma-Man
Time to create page: 0.186 seconds