Gamma Spectroscopy Data upload

More
4 years 6 months ago #4683 by RHStation
Hi,
In addition to a standard CPS or CPM data that can be uploaded in usual way...
Is it possible somehow to add a gamma spectrum upload to the station data?
I'm thinking to make monitoring station with spectrum CSV output, for example 1-3 hours background can be collected by my hardware and uploaded to the website by demand. CSV file can include 1024-4096 channels with counts value in every channel. The website can receive the file and draw the spectrum from it.

Here is just an example of spectrum CSV
https://ln.sync.com/dl/fa73e1520/4esfnmhp-525bvtr6-nfiqwmfv-fv98ptk8

Thank you
Alex

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 6 months ago #4687 by Simomax
I'm pretty sure this can't be done right now. You might be better messaging mw0uzo and asking him if he could include it in Radmon in the future. Interesting idea.

For now you could upload this to a website of your own and use something like Highcharts to plot the data. Highcharts is a JS library that makes it very easy for reading data from CSVs and other data sources and plotting charts. Last time I looked it is free for non commercial use.

I'm also interested in the equipment you use for this. I'm totally guessing, but from your username I suspect you might be using the RH Electronics USB PMT adapter? I'm also curious what scintillation probe you are using. Or maybe something different such as a semiconductor device for detection?

I'm working on a DIY gamma spectrometer (by modifying a Mini Instruments 5.40 scintillation meter) but need to build a little amplifier/signal conditioner so I can pass the signals into a PC soundcard and then output using Theremino MCA.

More
4 years 6 months ago #4689 by RHStation
Hope Dan will be interested in the idea, will ask him.
I have zero knowledge in website programming, but thank you for the JS advise:)

The equipment I have is from different type, playing with amateur gamma spectroscopy from 2015. I have NaI(Tl) probes with PMT electronics and CsI(Tl) with SiPM and DIY MCA. Making background is better with larger crystals because of the efficiency. Like 2"x2" or 3"x3".
However, for basic version of environment monitor you can start even with a 25x25mm NaI(Tl) crystal, but will need to wait more time for high energies.

More
4 years 6 months ago #4690 by RHStation
File Attachment:

Cs-137 test sample spectrum.
The hardware is 2" Hamamatsu PMT with 2"x2" NaI(Tl) crystal. About 30 Mega ohm divider, pulse amplifier and negative high voltage bias. The output of the amplifier connected to computer with 192kHz audio card.
File Attachment:

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

More
4 years 6 months ago #4692 by mw0uzo
Hi Alex :)
Yes this could be done, i'll look into it.
A 'Last gamma spectrum' graph would be a nice addition.
Dan

More
4 years 6 months ago #4693 by RHStation
Great, Dan:)
Please look here in my folder:
https://ln2.sync.com/dl/e0e3ff300/tjbr9nzh-vc6wzrtf-8n27w7s4-t5appgeq

CSV format is differ for Theremino and BecqMoni. Channels number depend on instrument and software settings. I usually use BecqMoni format CSV that just come with channel number (integral) and counts. Theremino instead integral uses float numbers for channels to implement calibration.

I'll add more CSV files to the folder soon.
The spectrum need to have linear/log switch to allow low counts view. Let me know if you have any question.

Moderators: Gamma-Man
Time to create page: 0.170 seconds