Location of all nuclear plants in the word

More
2 months 1 week ago - 2 months 1 week ago #6879 by Simomax
Any idea what's with RadioactiveAtHome these days? The site seems more down than up. I think it has worked once for me in the past couple of months.

Edit:
R@H isn't down right now, but I can't get it for love nor money on my home internet connection. It works on my mobile connection, on my work's internet, but not on my Virgin Media cable connection at home. I can get R@H if I use Tor or a VPN. It seems that there is no DNS resolution, so I change my DNS servers 4 times and still the same result. I connect my mobile to wifi (so is going through my home internet) and nada, nothing. But on the mobile network (Giffgaff/O2) it works. I can only assume Virgin Media are blocking R@H. I should test on my Dad's connection next time I go there. Oh, I can ping the IP address from my PC (on the Virgin connection) and get a reply, but no HTTP or HTTPS to it. Even if I HTTP to the IP address, the IP address changes to the DNS name in the address bar and fails. I have never seen an IP address change to a DNS name in the address bar. Something funny going on.

Edit 2:
Browsing their forum I found a post relating to their site being hacked, or some kind of malicious code, here . It is possible my ISP has blocked them due to this as they are super anal about things like that. They also block other sites, including some in Russia. I also came across another thread where people report the site being down:  https://boinc.berkeley.edu/dev/forum_thread.php?id=14980

Last edit: 2 months 1 week ago by Simomax.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 1 week ago - 1 month 1 week ago #6889 by pilovis
I can see the R@H site from my mobile connection here in Italy

Attachments:
Last edit: 1 month 1 week ago by Simomax.

More
1 month 1 week ago - 1 month 1 week ago #6890 by pilovis
I don't know what's goin'on on this forum, it's incredibly slow and seems to be quite bugged, I just added a screenshoot of the site, I was able to see the picture when I edited the post, but after submitting the post, it showed like you see above.
Please delete my previous message, I can't edit it, don't know why.
Thanks.

Pier
Last edit: 1 month 1 week ago by pilovis.

More
1 month 1 week ago #6891 by Simomax
Fixed. For some reason the file name of the image was the actual content of the image. Strange. How are you uploading the images? If not already it is best to use the attachments feature of the forum (under the post when posting) and upload then insert the image.

The reason (two actually) it was slow was the forum dealing with that amount of text in one lump. Also is only running on a Raspberry Pi4, so not the fastest computer in the world.

More
1 month 1 week ago #6892 by Simomax

I can see the R@H site from my mobile connection here in Italy

Yes, it appears to come and go. I have had DNS issues where I can connect from one internet location but not another, and just generally not being able to get the web page. It seems quite unreliable. 

More
1 month 1 week ago #6893 by pilovis

Moderators: Gamma-Man
Time to create page: 7.120 seconds