Happy New Year from radmon,org!

More
4 years 3 months ago - 4 years 3 months ago #4936 by mw0uzo
Wishing everyone the best for the new year! :woohoo:

Hopefully we can add some more stations... and I can do some improvements and add some more features.

Good luck in 2020!
Last edit: 4 years 3 months ago by mw0uzo.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Simomax, nu3e

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 3 months ago #4937 by FSM19
Happy New Year, and thanks for all your work.

More
4 years 3 months ago #4938 by Simomax
Happy new year to all! And a big thanks to Dan for keeping Radmon up and running!

More
4 years 3 months ago #4940 by Sonarflash
'Clear Vision' in 2020. Happy New Year. Here on day 3 at 1:00 am, my year started off with a 'pop' instead of a bang. My daughter's cat climbed up to my window. Somehow, a claw punched into the mesh protecting my pancake RM80 detector. No more mica window. Since it was face-down, I can't figure how the cat managed, unless it reached up and dug in to climb the wall. That's a $325.00 American, Aware Electronics unit. A replacement LND7313 tube would be around $150.00, so, I opened it up, then haywire a Russian STS-6 long metal tube, 4 times as sensitive as the SBM20, wrapped the HV supply/interface and GM tube in a plastic bag and hooked it up in a slightly different location. I'm hoping the rest of 2020 is an improvement.

More
4 years 3 months ago #4942 by mw0uzo

'Clear Vision' in 2020. Happy New Year. Here on day 3 at 1:00 am, my year started off with a 'pop' instead of a bang. My daughter's cat climbed up to my window. Somehow, a claw punched into the mesh protecting my pancake RM80 detector. No more mica window. Since it was face-down, I can't figure how the cat managed, unless it reached up and dug in to climb the wall. That's a $325.00 American, Aware Electronics unit. A replacement LND7313 tube would be around $150.00, so, I opened it up, then haywire a Russian STS-6 long metal tube, 4 times as sensitive as the SBM20, wrapped the HV supply/interface and GM tube in a plastic bag and hooked it up in a slightly different location. I'm hoping the rest of 2020 is an improvement.

Wow, that's unlucky! I don't think you could have realistically forseen that... :lol:
I share your disappointment at the loss of an expensive and quality geiger tube.

Moderators: Gamma-Man
Time to create page: 0.152 seconds