× RadLog

Export feature?

More
8 years 8 months ago #1308 by cowpip
Export feature? was created by cowpip
Can anyone tell me if there is a way to export the data which RadLog collects and sends out? It would sure be handy if there was a way to export the data that is collected and stored on the radlmon website, into a comma-delimited format. I could always log it on my device and then transfer the data, but it would probably benefit people who don't have this ability if it was part of RadLog itself? Even just appending to a static text file each time a new datum is received from the radiation monitor would be good enough, with maybe a checkbox that would enable or disable that feature? I bet something like that could be implemented very quickly and easily.

Or does this feature already exist? If so, can someone help these blind eyes find it?

Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #1309 by mw0uzo
Replied by mw0uzo on topic Export feature?
There isn't an export feature at the moment for the radmon.org website, but this will be coming :)
In RadLog, you can export the graph data by right clicking on the graph.
Last edit: 8 years 8 months ago by mw0uzo.

More
8 years 8 months ago #1310 by cowpip
Replied by cowpip on topic Export feature?
Yes, exporting the graph is a cool idea, but it's better to have access to the raw data itself so it can be manipulated, processed and if desired, correlated externally. I could use other software that is out there to gather the data, but then I'd lose the ability to contribute to Radmon, which I would like to support. I have logging on my device turned on, so I know I can get the raw data off of it anytime I want, but I would have to take it off-line from Radmon to do this, and I'd like to keep it on-line as much as possible. It just seems like a nice natural extension to be able to export data from Radmon (even if it's just the 4-point mean that it retrieves).

Thanks mw0uzo. I am happy to hear it is planned for the future. That's awesome! Dare I ask if we're talking a few months, or within the next year?

More
8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #1311 by mw0uzo
Replied by mw0uzo on topic Export feature?
Also if you look in the RadLog directory in your home directory, there is a big long log txt file with all the data in it. I could easily add another one that contains all the raw CPMs? If you set the data submission period to the same as your counting period, the CPMs will not get averaged.
Last edit: 8 years 8 months ago by mw0uzo.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cowpip

More
8 years 8 months ago #1313 by cowpip
Replied by cowpip on topic Export feature?
Wow... I had no idea there was a Radlog folder created in the My Documents area. That big long text file is EXACTLY what I'm after. That's awesome!!

Thanks for the tip!

More
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #1399 by Sonarflash
Replied by Sonarflash on topic Export feature?
:blush: I really am blind, so I'm having a few issues. Graphing I leave alone, but is there a way to upload a set of data in CSV so that it gets into the Station reading? Mine is presently zero, but the average here is 11.? using the GK+ and LND712 probe. I've also got all these CSV, TXT and Excel files for each month and day over the past year, all collected on from an LND7313 pancake. Would be nice to share them, if I knew how.
Anybody with advice can PM me.
Thanks
Last edit: 8 years 6 months ago by mw0uzo. Reason: Removed personal email address - you'll get loads of spam

Moderators: Gamma-Man
Time to create page: 0.150 seconds