× RadLog

Problem with RadLog graph

More
8 years 9 months ago #1229 by rodorr
I've been fighting a problem with RadLog Professional graph. When it draws a graph, after the first four or five plotted points it erases the oldest point so I never see more than 4 or 5 points plotted on the graph at any one time. When I first installed the program it worked fine but after closing out the program and restarting the next day the problem showed up. I removed the program and reinstalled and it started working again, but when I shut it down and restated it showed up again. Then after a couple of attempts at fixing the problem it started working again, then it quit again. I went through the disk drive and removed everything related to RadLog and Radmon and reinstalled the software but it is still not working properly. I tried just installing the Lite version but that doesn't work either. Does anyone out there have any suggestions, I'm open to any suggestions?

Bob
WA7ZQR

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #1230 by mw0uzo
Replied by mw0uzo on topic Problem with RadLog graph
Hi Bob
Stop logging.
Check the submission period is 30s.
Check you have 3 hours and 0 minutes set on the graph x axis setting. Change the numbers and press enter then change them back and press enter. This is make sure they are stored correctly inside the program. Then close and start RadLog again.
Start logging.

Has anyone else seen this problem?

The only reason I can think of that might cause this is changing the submission period from longer to shorter without clearing the graph which could affect the calculation which decides when to remove data from the graph. It thinks there is more data than there is and you end up with just a few points.
Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by mw0uzo.

More
8 years 9 months ago #1231 by rodorr
Replied by rodorr on topic Problem with RadLog graph
Dan,

I don't want to cry wolf to many times but I think I have found what initiates the error. Everything works fine as long as I don't change anything that has to do with the graph except the time. If I untick "Gridlines" it will mess up. If I untick "Axis time UTC" it will mess up. I haven't tried the other boxes. When I mean "mess up" I mean it will only plot a few points before it starts to erase the oldest time, somewhere beteween 4 and 6 datapoints. If I just leave it alone it works fine. I have stopped it and restarted 5 to 6 times so far and it hasn't messed up yet. I even rebooted and it was fine. I hope this information helps.

Bob
WA7ZQR

More
8 years 9 months ago #1232 by mw0uzo
Thanks for the bug reports with details :)
The more information I have makes it easier to squish that bug. From what you say, it springs to mind that I may have made a time zone mistake somewhere.

More
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #1233 by Bert490
Replied by Bert490 on topic Problem with RadLog graph
Bob, perhaps you can attach a jpg or png image of your Radlog window's graph tab; something may show up.

I have no trouble with ticking/unticking either of these 2 boxes; they work as expected for me without changing my graphed points. This is likely not related to Bob's issue, but what I see for the default 24 hours in the 'Show' box is not 24 but 20 hours of graph data. There is no data for the first 4 hours in the window (I think it's always shown this, but I thought it not serious enough to raise). The older graphs in the 'Log and Analysis' tab all show the same (see below). Could this be because my local time is UTC-4 hrs?

Attachments:
Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by Bert490.

More
8 years 9 months ago #1234 by mw0uzo
It has to be a time zone problem affecting the graph. Thanks both, I will get it fixed in v0.42.

Moderators: Gamma-Man
Time to create page: 0.170 seconds