Another source

More
10 months 1 week ago #6460 by FSM19
Another source was created by FSM19
I recently bought this item from Aliexpress "Negative Ion Energy Wand Stainless Steel NANO Energy Alkaline Water Stick Water Activation Pen 14.5cm" I suspect it contains thorium in some form. It does give a significant but small increase in gamma background with a couple of counters I have.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Simomax

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 months 1 week ago #6461 by Simomax
Replied by Simomax on topic Another source
Interesting. I have just bought two. One to keep and one to take apart. I'm very curious as to the contents of the pen. Solid, powder? I suspect the low readings may be the stainless steel (if it is that) shielding the source.

Nice find FSM19, thanks!

More
10 months 2 days ago - 10 months 2 days ago #6462 by Simomax
Replied by Simomax on topic Another source
Mine landed today! Yay! Some more radioactive nuttyness to play with! 

It's very interesting. I wonder what is inside. I have only checked one (of the two I bought) and it is coming in at about 1.1 uSv on the Radiacode and 1.4 uSv on the GC10next. It still boggles my mind how these things exist with their intended purpose. Great for us radiation nuts, not so great for the unsuspecting idiot. I'll take some photos and make a post on this at some point soon.

Thanks again FSM19 for the heads up. I love to grow my source/sample collection. Now, where to get just a little bit of Plutonium..... 
Last edit: 10 months 2 days ago by Simomax.

Moderators: Gamma-Man
Time to create page: 0.145 seconds