A couple of videos inside the damaged Chernobyl reactor

• Simomax
  • Simomax's Avatar Topic Author
  • Nuts about radioactive everything!
More
1 year 1 month ago #6402 by Simomax
Here are a couple of interesting videos taken inside the damaged Chernobyl reactor 4. The following comment was posted on the first video that lends a little information about who and when the video was recorded. The second video (in Russian) I picked up from the comments of the first as someone was asking what kind of protective clothing did they wear. It's not quite as interesting as the first video, but still interesting nonetheless. Comment from the first video by user J4yChu:

I’ve researched, and come up with a few things about the video! The person filming is Alexander Kupny. He was a health physics technician in Chernobyl unit 3, and 4. He volunteered to measure radiation in the 80’s after the explosion (so ‘86-‘89). Based on the articles I read, he continued to work at Chernobyl and measured radiation levels. Alexander was /very/ aware of the risks, and he is still alive in his 60’s. This was filmed between 2007 and 2009, and he was accompanied by a friend Sergei Koshelev. He’s since retired from nuclear work. They were in there for about 30 minutes, 40 minutes tops or else they would be over exposed. Comment any questions u may have and I’ll try my best to answer!

Chernobyl footage inside reactor 4, the basment and the Elephants foot

Чернобыльская АЭС. Внутри объекта "Укрытие", март 2010 года пом. 012 (бассейн-барбатер) - Translated: Chernobyl nuclear power plant. Inside the "Shelter" object, March 2010 room. 012 (barbater pool)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Gamma-Man
Time to create page: 0.112 seconds