MyGeiger V.3.0

More
6 years 8 months ago - 6 years 8 months ago #3368 by ChrisLX200
MyGeiger V.3.0 was created by ChrisLX200
Just received the ready-soldered board for this and it looks to be a well made pro device. There is an STL file on Thingiverse to 3D print a case but the design is not great and could use some mods. I printed it out anyway but I should really take the time to modify it because it needs strengthening down the sides (I broke two prints during assembly!) and perhaps a boss or extension to accept an XLR cable socket for an external probe. I did glue a couple of support strips down the inside, a bit crude but they help. Also, it would be better to just get rid of the printed stand-offs and use proper brass ones because the ABS isn't mechanically strong enough to hold a screwthread for very long. Anyway, for now it keep fingers away from high voltage components.

I'm waiting for my SBT-11A probes to turn up, and to connect one of those I also have RH Electronics remote probe driver. That will allow several meters of cable to be between the tube and detector ( tube goes outside, detector remains on my desk),

Attachments:
Last edit: 6 years 8 months ago by ChrisLX200.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mw0uzo, Juzzie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 8 months ago #3376 by mw0uzo
Replied by mw0uzo on topic MyGeiger V.3.0
Great work, first time I've seen the MyGeiger V3 with SMT parts etc.

More
6 years 8 months ago #3383 by ChrisLX200
Replied by ChrisLX200 on topic MyGeiger V.3.0
Still awaiting delivery of tubes... :-(

I also bought this external tube driver with the MyGeiger kit:

Attachments:

Moderators: Gamma-Man
Time to create page: 0.145 seconds