Problem with new counter.
4 years 3 weeks ago #5024 by FSM19
Tried a new setup today using one of the aliexpress geiger counters. Seemed very unstable, when hooked up to an arduino, counts anywhere from zero to 200. The tube is covered to exclude light. The idea is to run it remotely with the arduino etc indoors. Also when I tried to connect to Radmon I got zero counts showing. Immedfately after that we had a very brief power outage, which didn't affect everything, for example the microwave clock was fine, but my PC went haywire, and my usual geiger counter failed to reset and went offline.
4 years 3 weeks ago #5026 by FSM19
Hopefully its largely sorted. The irregular counts were due to the poor quality of the tube clips, the metal is really too soft, it needs to be far springier. The failure of the data upload was due to a finger error in the sketch. All seems OK now. Nothing I can do about the voltage outages that's something that happens when you live in a rural area. The remote tube will go out in a week or so when I can find a suitable watertight enclosure.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mw0uzo
4 years 3 weeks ago - 4 years 3 weeks ago #5034 by Bert490
Last edit: 4 years 3 weeks ago by Bert490.
The following user(s) said Thank You: FSM19
Time to create page: 0.167 seconds