Multigeiger upload, if it's possible

More
1 year 10 months ago #6130 by yVega
Hi all,
to begin with I made a small contribution with a donation, it seems right to start like this.
I am interested in other kits for comparison. Meanwhile, I would like to integrate my sensor that's already online, if it is possible (rif the project. multigeiger )
I mounted this kit and I'm already online.
Can I upload data online also on the radmon network?

what other kits do you suggest for continuous online use outside home?

thanks
regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 10 months ago - 1 year 10 months ago #6131 by Bert490
Hi yVega, welcome to Radmon!
If you want to feed a counter's data to Radmon in addition to another site, it's certainly possible, with some conditions.  I am not aware of a way to load historical data to Radmon.org, only current data, which becomes historical over time. 

If you are using a kit with supplied software, be aware that each hosting web site requires it's own format, and the port used to receive data from the counter is not shared.  So the counter has to have any of the following: 2 data ports (each with specific format), or 1 data and 1 audio port, or a single audio port (that can be shared via a splitter as it's one-way).  Your Multigeiger unit appears to be designed for one site (Ecocurious Citizen Sciene Project), but apparently it has an audio output (clicks).  If the audio circuit for the clicks is available on a headphone jack, this can be fed to a computer's audio input port, which can use Radmon-compatible software such as Radlog Professional (Windows) or PyRadmon.py (Linux/RPi). 

If on the other hand you are writing software on the PC to store or manipulate the Ecocurious data in any way, you do not need a second hardware port.  There are software methods to format the data for Radmon (see Software page).
Last edit: 1 year 10 months ago by Bert490.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yVega

More
1 year 10 months ago #6132 by yVega
my sensor is not connectable via cable (the sensor is external in a green area, it's connected to the web via wifi).
But I can query the data via API, for example:
https://data.sensor.community/airrohr/v1/sensor/71364/

RadLog software can acquire API data?
It's possible to download RadLog? i can't find the link

More
1 year 10 months ago #6134 by manuelgomez1
RadLog is here: https://radmon.org/RadLog%20Professional%20v0.43.msi
You can read about sending the CPM count in the Software tab, you just have to get the CPM number and send it to the address. For Arduino, it would be:

void connect()
{
if (client.connect(server, 80))
{
client.print("GET /radmon.php?function=submit&user=");
client.print(UserName); client.print("&password=");
client.print(PassWord); client.print("&value=");
client.print(int(f_value[CPM]));
client.print("&unit=CPM");
client.println(" HTTP/1.0");
client.println("HOST: radmon.org");
client.println();
}
else
{ // you didn't get a connection to the server: }
}

There is also an api here: https://github.com/debsahu/RadmonApi
In my case, I count the pulses with an ESP8266 and send the CPM via Wi-Fi with the same board.

Moderators: Gamma-Man
Time to create page: 0.138 seconds