Just published my 3D printed designs and Arduino code for an outdoor monitor

More
2 years 3 weeks ago #6092 by rjelbert
Hello
Just thought you might want to see my 3D printed designs for an outdoor mounted geiger counter. The chassis I designed fits inside a standard ABS waterproof case and holds the geiger counter PCB, Arduino Leonardo and the PoE ethernet hat. I've also included a 3D printed pole mount but the ABS case can also be attached to a wall. The Arduino code is also linked from the Thingiverse web site. This is how I built my Midhurst monitoring station.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5322167

Regards 

Richard

The following user(s) said Thank You: mw0uzo, Simomax

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 1 week ago #6109 by mw0uzo
Ah very cool! Thanks for posting it.
I have used my 3d printer for quite a few cases now, as long as they don't need to be perfect finish they work very well.

More
2 years 2 days ago - 2 years 2 days ago #6114 by CDEM
Thank you for the decent design rjelbert
i assume this is the correct harware:
https://aliexpress.com/item/1005004137844019.html
?
Last edit: 2 years 2 days ago by CDEM.

More
2 years 22 hours ago #6115 by rjelbert
Hi. Thanks! Yes that looks like the same kit I used in my station. It seems to be quite common.
Richard

More
2 years 22 hours ago #6116 by rjelbert
Hi. The internal chassis is not seen so the quality settings can be low. I used a 0.8mm nozzle to get a stronger print but with lower quality. That said any normal 0.5 or 0.4 nozzle will be fine. Personally I always like to make nice looking prints so probably take longer than most getting the settings right - the PET-G is not my normal filament so I had retraction / stringing issues but it's all a learning experience :-)

More
1 year 11 months ago #6128 by rjelbert
Hi. No problem. I decided to use a commercial sealed ABS case in the end but the internal chassis to mount everything is 3D printed. The optional pole mount is also 3D printed. I hope others will use the design and my Arduino code to make more monitors!
R

Moderators: Gamma-Man
Time to create page: 0.200 seconds