SparkFun Geiger Counter - Free to good home (No GM tube)

• Simomax
  • Simomax's Avatar Topic Author
  • Nuts about radioactive everything!
More
8 years 2 weeks ago - 8 years 2 weeks ago #2011 by Simomax
I recently bought a SparkFun Geiger Counter from ebay. I bought it mainly for the tube and got it at a good price.

https://www.sparkfun.com/products/retired/10742

The actual geiger counter is not great, but does work. I lost interest in the board when I realised I can't upload to the in-built Arduino without using an ISP programmer and I would have to solder on a header for the programmer. I dont have any use for it other than stripping for parts or throwing away so I thought I would offer it to anyone that wants it for free. If you use anything other than a LND712 tube on this it will probably need the HV power supply modifying, though that wouldn't be a bad thing as the on board HV power supply is kinda garbage. It may be of some use to someone for playing about with, stripping for patrs or maybe keeping a door open...

Please note there is no tube with this as I'm keeping it for another project. You will get everything else. One dick-rolling-red SparkFun Geiger Counter board, inside a bag, inside another bag, probably inside a jiffy bag. ;)

I will only post to the UK. Sorry guys but I really can't be arsed with sorting out international postage for this.

Attachments:
Last edit: 8 years 2 weeks ago by Simomax. Reason: I forgot the linky

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Gamma-Man
Time to create page: 0.119 seconds