I have updated my radiation monitor website

• Simomax
  • Simomax's Avatar Topic Author
  • Nuts about radioactive everything!
More
4 years 7 months ago #4675 by Simomax
I have finally gotten around to updating my radiation monitoring website. I have moved a couple of the graphs from one page to another to make room for daily historic data (soon to come), finished up the 'station log' page and also the 'about' page.

http://www.dreamtechnologies.co.uk/radmon/index.php

Your thoughts would be welcomed :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 7 months ago #4676 by mw0uzo
Nice simple and tidy format! This would be great facility for all radmon.org stations. I wonder if it would be used if we worked to implement it? The idea was previously that radmon.org users could write their own articles etc, which was used occasionally.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Radslug

More
4 years 7 months ago #4677 by mw0uzo
I'm also very interested in how you will arrange the historical data etc. I never got around to adding something to generate a HTML historical log from the FTP graphs and data.

• Simomax
More
4 years 7 months ago - 4 years 7 months ago #4680 by Simomax

This would be great facility for all radmon.org stations. I wonder if it would be used if we worked to implement it?

Do you mean that each station page would be like a mini-website? How would this be hosted? on the Radmon.org web server? If so, I can't see it being that hard to make it sort of like a framework and have the variables and graphs pushed into the framework to display their data. ETA: That is unless the framework would be like some kind of CMS, in that case it would probably be beyond my skills.

I'm also very interested in how you will arrange the historical data etc.

I don't quite understand what you mean by this. Do you mean for generating the historical average graphs on the fly at the users' machine? I.e. get Radlog to do it then upload via FTP? At the moment I pull the historical graphs from Radmon.org then run them through a PHP function to make the images negative so they have a black background and fit in with the style. Half of the data displayed is from my local FTP upload and the other half is from Radmon.org. I mentioned in the 0.44 ideas thread about being able to FTP historical graphs and other bits and pieces locally. A lot could be done with a little extra data at the local end and would probably free up a few cpu cycles on the Radmon server. But I feel it a bit of a double edged sword as if people had lots of data locally then visitors to the users' pages might stop people from visiting Radmon. For that reason I have put lots of links back to Radmon on my site. :)

I have just added a gauge for current cpm at the top. I'm not too sure I like it though. I'm gonna live with it for now and see after a couple of sleeps!
I will also make my full radiation monitor site open for anyone to download and use themselves once I have completed the historical data page. I'm currently playing about with that and need to build some kind of menu (drop down or calendar type) for selecting the historical graphs. But, in the time being if anyone wants what I have so far just let me know and I'll pack it up in a zip for download.
Last edit: 4 years 7 months ago by Simomax.

More
4 years 7 months ago #4681 by g346342
What do you mean by RS232 transmitter? I found that in your description for your GC.

• Simomax
More
4 years 7 months ago #4682 by Simomax
Argh! They are TTL not RS232. Thanks for pointing that out! I'll update the text.

I use a little TTL serial transmitter and receiver (it is actually two transceivers) from the Geiger counter to my PC. My NetIO GC-10 outputs serial data. It sends the cpm every second out by serial to the HC11 transmitter. It is received from the other end of my garden at my house and the TTL output of the receiver goes into a FTDI TTL to RS232 adapter then into my PC for Radlog to receive.

There is a link to the transceiver on this post: https://radmon.org/index.php/forum/general-discussion/352-my-monitoring-station
You can also look on ebay for 'HC11 serial' or HC11 rs232'

Moderators: Gamma-Man
Time to create page: 0.218 seconds