HFS-P3 Pen Geiger Counter / Dosimeter

• Simomax
  • Simomax's Avatar Topic Author
  • Nuts about radioactive everything!
More
1 month 3 days ago - 1 month 3 days ago #7011 by Simomax

I have no formal training in electronics or programming so feel free to correct my lack of knowledge or sloppy C coding.

It also appears you have no knowledge of copyright infringement either.

You have used, taken, my pictures from this forum and posted them to your github page, completely without permission! Not only is this unlawful its down right rude. I didn't just magic those pictures from my ass, they took time and a little effort to make them. When I am taking photos for this forum I generally take a lot and then pick from the best ones. Then I will correct perspective, crop, resize and whatever else I need to make nice pictures. This takes time. Time has a value. Everything has a value. My pictures cost me time and effort. If I got someone else to make the pictures and edit them as I do, I would expect nothing less than to pay said person for their time and effort in making nice pictures.

Do not ever do this again. I won't think twice about banning your ass from this forum should I ever see or hear that you have taken someone else's pictures from this forum and used them elsewhere. The internet is not a free zone in respect of this. How would github like to find out that people are making pages with, to use the correct terminology, stolen pictures? I bet they would ban your ass.

Now I have said my piece, I will also say this; I am not an asshole and I understand why you want to use the pictures, and it is for a decent cause, so I will let you keep the pictures for that github page only, providing you cite me as creator of the pictures and leave a link to radmon.org, stating the pictures were used from there. Something along the lines of 'Pictures are from Simomax at radmon.org' or similar. And if you want to use any of my other pictures, or future pictures then ASK FIRST. I find it highly unlikely I would ever say 'no' to someone using my pictures, depending on what for.

And let this be a lesson to any other user that thinks it is a free-for-all when it comes to any data or media taken from radmon.org.

Bad, bad move. Don't do it again.

Thank you for listening.

ETA: I have just noticed that you have cited me as creator of the pictures, thank you, but permission wasn't sought beforehand. Please do next time.
Last edit: 1 month 3 days ago by Simomax.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 1 day ago #7013 by Radslug
That battery life is a shame since a simple LCD can have as low as a 1 mA draw vs 15 mA for OLED. And the "wasted" mcu capacity, too. Like so many other such objects this feels like something that was custom ordered by someone, somewhere, for a specific purpose and they kept the plant busy all night.

More
6 days 12 hours ago #7023 by jonah10242
Sorry for this late reply. I was not notified for some reason.

First of all, I would like to apologize for not asking for permission beforehand. However, *I did credit you from the first commit the pictures were uploaded*

I never thought this would escalate this much but I am taking full responsibility. I’m sure this won’t happen again.

Please accept my apology and I am willing to pull down the images if you’d rather I do that.

Jonah

Moderators: Gamma-Man
Time to create page: 0.164 seconds