ESP8266 GM counter schematic + firmware

More
7 months 4 weeks ago - 7 months 4 weeks ago #6566 by pablox
Hello, last week i rebuild my GM counter with Arduino NANO and W5100 ethernet module. 
Now I used ESP8266 and circuit is a bit simplified.
Used tube Si22g 

Schematic:  schema.png (1302×1450) (pablox.net)
Link to my webpage with article  GM čítač s ESP8266 a Si22g (pablox.net)
Hour logs:  radmon.pablox.net
Radmon logs:  Radiation monitor (radmon.org)

Last edit: 7 months 4 weeks ago by pablox.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Juzzie, Simomax, nu3e

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 months 4 weeks ago - 7 months 4 weeks ago #6568 by Simomax
That looks great pablox! I love the case and front panel - looks very industrial. Nice work, and thanks for sharing the schematic too.   That PSU looks beefy. I bet that bites if touched wrongly. 

I do have a question about the circuit/schematic; why are R2, R3 and R4 10Meg, when you could have used a 30Meg resistor? Same for R6, R7 and R8. They could have been a 10Meg resistor, or whatever is needed for the tube.

ETA: I have just realized this is a new version/upgrade of the version you posted a few months ago. Its looking much nicer, neater and tidier. A massive improvement.
Last edit: 7 months 4 weeks ago by Simomax.

More
7 months 3 weeks ago #6573 by nu3e

I do have a question about the circuit/schematic; why are R2, R3 and R4 10Meg, when you could have used a 30Meg resistor? Same for R6, R7 and R8. They could have been a 10Meg resistor, or whatever is needed for the tube.

Resistors have a maximum voltage rating. By placing 3 equal value resistors in series, the voltage drop across each resistor is approximately 400/3.

Moderators: Gamma-Man
Time to create page: 0.189 seconds