20 october

More
6 months 2 days ago #6793 by Vinkx
20 october was created by Vinkx
A lot of detectors around me seem to have 20 october as the highest 3 month peak. I wonder what happen that day.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 months 2 days ago - 6 months 1 day ago #6795 by Juzzie
Replied by Juzzie on topic 20 october
Yes, interesting. Looks like it travelled from W to E. Was there rain?
I find it useful to keep a synoptic chart from every day in my database, as well as temperature, humidity, and pressure data. It can help to complete a picture.

Owner and operator of "southofhobart" monitoring stations.
Last edit: 6 months 1 day ago by Juzzie.

More
6 months 1 day ago #6798 by Simomax
Replied by Simomax on topic 20 october
I had a look at some of the stations around Belgium a couple of days ago and a handful were showing a rise in CPM on the 20th. I think I got a bit of that too on that day. I'm on the west coast of England. The graph below is one I was using on another post. Ignoring the event on the 19th, it does show a small rise on the 20th which does seem to correlate with the other stations around Belgium. I have no idea what happened with mine on the 19th or the other stations on the 20th. I do suspect some kind of release from somewhere that has drifted over with the wind. It would be really good to know which direction the wind was blowing on the 20th.

Attachments:

More
6 months 1 day ago - 6 months 1 day ago #6800 by Juzzie
At a further glance, this looks widespread. If I look at any chart to the S/SW of simmomax - I looked as near as stations mw0uzo, nn18, LJ, as far as Bonn and Paris, and between all those places, and at all stations between there is definitely an increase that would correlate, time wise, to the passage of the wind from the UK. Startling actually - If only we had some synoptic charts for that time period!
edit - Looking further, station DoseMonkey to the north of simmomax got a dose, then go S/W from (and including) station nn18 (UK) to station Mercator (NL), and beyond to station Glanerbridge and PA1SDB and maybe you will get the gist. Also, FSM19 in Portugal has a small mountain in their chart not too long after that time.
I will look into this more when time permits.

More
6 months 1 day ago #6801 by FSM19
Replied by FSM19 on topic 20 october
I had higher readings from 19th - 23rd which coincided with heavy rain and strong winds. I expect something similar for a few days. I live about 50 miles west of the old Uranium mines at Viseu!

More
6 months 1 day ago - 6 months 1 day ago #6802 by Juzzie
I had weather during that period also. Here are the weather charts from my database. (Tasmania is the island at the bottom centre-ish, with the approaching low and cold front crossing. It would be good to source charts like these for Europe.

And below are the graphs.

Attachments:

Moderators: Gamma-Man
Time to create page: 0.176 seconds