Custom station logs

More
4 years 6 months ago - 4 years 6 months ago #4698 by mw0uzo
Custom station logs was created by mw0uzo
I'm trying to set a simple custom station log for all users. To help me, please click Logs, find the small Edit icon and create a page. Then I can make sure that pages are listable, viewable, editable (or not!). Any obvious stupidity, please report on this thread. Thanks!

Also try uploading images. Allowed filetypes jpg, jpeg, csv, txt. Other filetypes by request.
Last edit: 4 years 6 months ago by mw0uzo.
The following user(s) said Thank You: GetSirius

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 6 months ago #4703 by Simomax
Replied by Simomax on topic Custom station logs
Alright, done that!

What are these log pages for? Are they like a personal sort of blog page for each user to publish whatever they want on Radmon.org?

More
4 years 6 months ago #4709 by mw0uzo
Replied by mw0uzo on topic Custom station logs
Yes for exactly that. Station events, detections, more radioactive stuff in your collection etc. It seems to work as intended. Thanks for testing.

Ok, let's see if I can get it to look better...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Simomax

More
4 years 6 months ago #4710 by Simomax
That's great Dan! I'll put something proper there soon. I think it will be a great place for people to describe their setups, upload photos etc. I always thought Radmon lacked something like this for a user to give some details about their station. Nice work.

Just a thought, could you make it so any users that make a page it automatically puts the page address in their 'website' feild in their profile, providing it is already blank? Something like: user makes page --> is 'website' field blank? --> yes, auto fill with page address, or no, leave it alone.

More
4 years 6 months ago #4711 by Simomax
Also, would it be possible to add a comments section to the page?

More
4 years 6 months ago #4713 by GetSirius
Replied by GetSirius on topic Custom station logs
Set up a page, uploaded an image, made some links to external sites. Tried to put a youtube iframe on the page but "code view" rejected it along with some simple html I used. I did put a mention of my homemade Geiger counters being for sale, is that ok? Is there need for a policy on such things? Could end up being a spam magnet..

Mineral Point radiation/lightning monitor: getsirius.com/radiation

Moderators: Gamma-Man
Time to create page: 0.183 seconds