Data outages

More
5 years 1 month ago #4357 by Bert490
Data outages was created by Bert490
For the last week I had a computer lockup problem while I was out of town. My detector is now submitting again, but I have not completely identified the problem. It's Windows 7, and disabling all non-Windows services seems to solve it, but it's a slow and tedious process to find the culprit.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 1 month ago - 5 years 1 month ago #4359 by mw0uzo
Replied by mw0uzo on topic Data outages
I'm having issues with something else in development with Windows Search/Cortana/Slug menu. It generates a lot of log files which end up bogging down Slug Indexing which in turn scoffs up gigs of storage space. I think you can turn it off for certain file paths. Unless yours is a hard lock, rather than terrible responsiveness/memory usage.
Last edit: 5 years 1 month ago by mw0uzo.

More
5 years 1 month ago #4367 by Bert490
Replied by Bert490 on topic Data outages
My problems continue so I moved my detector to another PC for now. Data should be stable again. It's not a bogging down issue, but feels like either a virus or failing hardware: it's a hard UI lock some random time after booting. Safe mode works, restore from backup doesn't, all scans come up clean. Enabling services one at a time has not revealed the problem. After 7 years, maybe time for an upgrade.

More
5 years 2 weeks ago #4384 by Bert490
Replied by Bert490 on topic Data outages
I'm finally back to my regular detection setup. My detector was in the basement for the past 3 weeks, and as a result the average CPM dropped by 2. It's back at ground level now and on the UPS.

I noticed a small issue with the graphs; the 256 sample moving average appears to lag on the 1 month graph, but not on the 3 month graph. Before the server hack, the graphs looked quite accurate, with each successive 256-sample graph being a compressed version of the one above. It's not a big thing, but they look a little different from each other now. Are the counts starting at a different time now for each graph?

Moderators: Gamma-Man
Time to create page: 0.135 seconds