Difference between CPM Multigeiger and CPM Radmon map

More
1 year 7 months ago #6225 by deedee
Hi,

I just managed to get my multigeiger on the radmon map as well. My multigeiger has more CPM than most other geigers. I'm using an SBM19 and I see most of the tubes are the smaller SBM20. Is there an explanation why my geiger has significantly more counts, or is it just my more sensitive tube?

My geiger is the yellow dot in the centre of the Netherlands.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 7 months ago #6226 by nu3e
Comparing the SBM-19 and SBM-20 tubes, the SBM-19 appears to be about 4x more sensitive:

https://www.pocketmagic.net/tube-sbm-19-%d1%81%d0%b1%d0%bc-19/
https://www.pocketmagic.net/tube-sbm-20-%d1%81%d0%b1%d0%bc-20-geiger-tube/

So your CPM values seem reasonable for a SBM-19 tube.

However, viewing the plot of the "Last hour of raw readings for deedee", it appears that your station is uploading each CPM value repeatedly, generating much more load on the radmon.org server than it should. You may have a software bug or a misconfiguration.

More
1 year 7 months ago - 1 year 7 months ago #6227 by deedee
Thanks for yor reply. I can adjust the upload frequency. What upload frequency is right?

I have a multigeiger. The data are uploaded by a separate nodemcu, that runs an asynchronic webserver and also shows the value on an lcd. I need to add a separate procedure that handles the upload frequency.

Attachments:
Last edit: 1 year 7 months ago by deedee.

More
1 year 7 months ago #6228 by deedee
Managed to fix it. The weird drops in my graph had to do with the procedure that grabs the value from the dataserver from sensor.community. Sometimes it has not yet updated, which means that my procedure returns 0.
I have included a condition that it only uploads a value if cpm >0.

More
1 year 7 months ago - 1 year 7 months ago #6229 by Bert490
Hi deedee and welcome to Radmon.  Nice job fixing the drops issue.  I think what nu3e was getting at is that your Radmon update procedure appears to be grabbing values from the dataserver about 8 x faster than the sensor.community database is updated (see attached image).

Attachments:
Last edit: 1 year 7 months ago by Bert490. Reason: clarity

More
1 year 7 months ago #6231 by deedee
Hi Bert,

I understand.

I can change the firmware from my multigeiger. It has code where I can add a direct link to radmon as well. Still got parts for about 14 multigeigers. Going to experiment with the code of a new one. Just waiting for my new tubes to arrive.

Moderators: Gamma-Man
Time to create page: 0.199 seconds