Moving to OpenStreetMap

More
5 years 6 months ago #4137 by Frank
Replied by Frank on topic Moving to OpenStreetMap
The "Customisable maps" will that be like the old one where we had the tabs at the top so we could select the country of interest? ex: USA, zoomed in to just that area? Also, that use to be a feature I had on my webpage where you could show just your area. It was offline for a while but now that the new one is up and running, it is filled in but its the entire map. Something for down the road. The new map looks good right now. Nice work Dan!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 6 months ago - 5 years 6 months ago #4143 by mw0uzo
Replied by mw0uzo on topic Moving to OpenStreetMap
Yes this is coming soon. I'm going to make an API call that renders a map how you want it. Then use it in a general sense for the main radmon.org front page.

In related news I got the first test map tile server working here with the UK map and plumbed it in to the website server

Maps todo:

- Customisable maps
- Get UK maps looking nice with satellite/terrain/names/roads. Might have to put together a custom map style
- Calculate the world. This really is a serious task, it will need a separate disk to prevent excessive slowdown of radmon.org
Last edit: 5 years 6 months ago by mw0uzo.

More
5 years 5 months ago #4152 by Xfrog
Replied by Xfrog on topic Moving to OpenStreetMap
Old website working with googlemap can still work with a registred account.
Google offers 100USD/months as gift for a normal game.

I guess it could be enough for Non alarming situation. But not for red alert.
Maybe it can be usefull to get website working on streetmap and googlemap.

Best regards

More
5 years 5 months ago #4155 by mw0uzo
Replied by mw0uzo on topic Moving to OpenStreetMap
Low resolution satellite tiles working. Now I need to move the tile server onto a different disk and set it numbercrunching on the world.

Xfrog, yes. I think it's best radmon.org operates in an independent a way as possible.

Moderators: Gamma-Man
Time to create page: 0.312 seconds