New Feature - Chat

• Simomax
  • Simomax's Avatar Topic Author
  • Nuts about radioactive everything!
More
1 year 4 months ago - 1 year 4 months ago #6308 by Simomax
New Feature - Chat was created by Simomax
Hello Everyone!

I have implemented an experimental new chat feature. It uses IRC with a web client embedded in Radmon.org. I have only just implemented this and it was years since I last used IRC so I am quite rusty, but Dan and I thought we should just make it public now so everyone can have a play about with it. You could also use a different IRC client and join #Radmon on Libera.chat.

To open the chat simply click the link at the top right of Radmon.org - Chat (Experimental). This will open in a new tab. When you go to log into the IRC channel (#Radmon) your nick (nickname) will be Guest##. Just enter a name for now. I need to work out how to pull the logged in username and stuff it in the web chat client. Once I work that out the nick will be automatically populated with your username, if you are logged in. You don't need to be logged into Radmon.org (or even be registered) to use the chat, but you will have to manually type in a nick. 

As it is IRC and uses an external server, with embedded client, there is practically no overhead to the Radmon server, and thus won't affect performance of the server whatsoever.

Have a play about with it!

~Simomax
Last edit: 1 year 4 months ago by Simomax. Reason: because I never get it right first time......

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Gamma-Man
Time to create page: 0.163 seconds