High radiation levels detected on Long Island?

More
7 years 4 weeks ago #2996 by mnrad
If this video showed two different Geigers side by side with similar readings I would be more convinced. Too many things possibly going wrong giving erroneous readings on the detector itself for me to believe. That or put it in a shielded area/box to see if readings decrease.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Simomax
  • Simomax's Avatar Topic Author
  • Nuts about radioactive everything!
More
7 years 4 weeks ago #2997 by Simomax

If this video showed two different Geigers side by side with similar readings I would be more convinced. Too many things possibly going wrong giving erroneous readings on the detector itself for me to believe. That or put it in a shielded area/box to see if readings decrease.

Agreed for the most part. However I think it best for a collective to analyze and debunk rather than dismiss and ignore, especially when it comes to radiation. There are many things in the video that could be done better but personally I feel there are things in the video that indicate there could be a radiation increase. It's like my erronious increased reading I got a few weeks back; might be, might not. Without a whole load of professional gear to analyze the air at that given time then we are just left with what is in the video.

I guess what I am saying it that I would rather see 10 false alarms than miss the one that matters. For me, I'm gonna file that in my 'unconfirmed' box and leave it there.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Gamma-Man
Time to create page: 0.131 seconds