Hello from Springfield, Oregon!

More
6 years 7 months ago #3602 by staze
Hi All,

New to the forum. Just thought I'd introduce myself!

My name is Ryan, I'm here in Springfield Oregon, which is in the Willamette Valley. We're mainly famous for being next to the University of Oregon (which is in Eugene), Go Ducks! And for being the namesake of Springfield in the Simpsons. =)

I have a GMC-500 counter. with the stock tube (sorry, I'm not sure of the model of tube, just that I believe they're a Chinese tube). I think it's a M4011. The unit sits inside my house, mounted on an exterior wall. It's currently submitting data to gmcmap.com, but I'd like the ability to query the values from there directly, but they don't support that, so I'm looking to move my meter to submitting to here.

Thanks very much! And I look forward to lurking on the forums. =)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 7 months ago #3604 by Bert490
Welcome! The admin will set you up with a password to submit data. Does your detector have an audio jack? If so, you can submit to both sites at the same time. If not, you would have to disconnect from GCmap (not a hard decision IMHO).

More
6 years 7 months ago #3605 by staze
Thanks! And yeah, it does, but I'd rather not rely on a computer. I'm perfectly fine feeding just into radmon. gcmap is... inferior to radmon from what I can see.

More
6 years 7 months ago #3609 by mw0uzo
Welcome to radmon.org!
Check your PMs for the password.
The following user(s) said Thank You: staze

More
6 years 6 months ago #3615 by Sonarflash
Welcome Ryan. I'm just a 'few' miles north of you on Vancouver Island BC, North Cowichan-Duncan. One of my one-time California Girl cousins lives in Eugene. My detector is American, Aware Electronics RM80 (LND7313 pancake GM tube) so it gives an average background of 30 cpm. It is sitting on a northwest facing window sill. It's always nice to know what kind of tube, GC and setup the other guys have when comparing readings.

Moderators: Gamma-Man
Time to create page: 0.156 seconds