Hi From Norfolk UK

More
8 years 7 months ago - 8 years 7 months ago #1409 by andy01842
Hi From Norfolk UK was created by andy01842
Hi I am new to this just got my kit a tube not yet setup. The kit is from RH electronics RH-K-GK-1-A the tube is a sbm-20 (CTC-5)
andy
Last edit: 8 years 7 months ago by andy01842. Reason: missed details

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 7 months ago #1415 by mw0uzo
Replied by mw0uzo on topic Hi From Norfolk UK
Welcome to radmon.org Andy!
Please PM me a unique, unimportant password for RadLog. (Or I can give you a random one, let me know).
Then use your forum username and this password in RadLog.

More
8 years 7 months ago #1417 by mw0uzo
Ok its set up, check your PMs for your password :)

More
8 years 7 months ago #1419 by mw0uzo
Looks like its working!

More
8 years 7 months ago #1421 by andy01842
Replied by andy01842 on topic Hi From Norfolk UK
Thanks for everyone's help now all up and working. I now just need to put it all in a nice box and tidy all the bits. Two bits of info I do need is what can I put the tube in to keep the water out but not make it insensitive. How long can I make the leads to the tube, I wont the tube outdoors but the electronics indoors. tnx andy.

More
8 years 7 months ago #1425 by Sonarflash
Replied by Sonarflash on topic Hi From Norfolk UK
If an SBM20 tube, just seal it inside a thin plastic or ABS tube, even a pill bottle. Weatherproof with tape. My GK+ cathode sensing has an LND712 probe on a metre long cable. Even two metres probably won't give to great a voltage drop. Just check the anode voltage before you seal the GM tube. With a gigohm resistor on a 10 megohm multimeter probe, you should be looking at around 4.XX voltswhich multiplies up to around 400. I'm assuming the electronics allows you to adjust the HV.
Depending on the GM tube, any weatherproofing is going to leave you reading cosmic rays and gamma radiation, unless some dust with an isotope with high-energy beta particles falls on the protective sleeve. I imagine that with a glass tube like the SBM20, you could improvise a plastic holder with the connections insulated and sealed, a portion of the middle exposed to air, rain and wind.

Moderators: Gamma-Man
Time to create page: 0.208 seconds