Greetings from Poland!

More
1 month 2 days ago - 1 month 2 days ago #6906 by microsivert
Hi,

my name is Pawel and I just joined this community and writing to say "Hi". My station is already working and pushing data to RadMon.org but it's in some prototype shape. I hope to have enclosure done over Easter Holiday :) 

The hardware which I used is:

1. Chinese DIY kit marked as RadiationD-v1 (CAJOE)  
2. Tube: J305  
3. Controler: NodeMCU + 1,3" OLED display

Now it looks like this but hopping to have better pictures soon:

Last edit: 1 month 2 days ago by microsivert.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 2 days ago #6907 by Simomax
Replied by Simomax on topic Greetings from Poland!
Hi Pawel,

Welcome to radmon.org! Nice job getting your counter setup and submitting. It looks to be working well.

Something to be aware of with your counter is the tube may be light sensitive. It looks like a J305. Some J305, M4011 and other tubes have been reported to be sensitive to sunlight/daylight/UV. It would be good to cover the tube in some kind of opaque sleeve to block any light from getting to it. Any kind of non-metallic material should do the job. Black electrical tape, dense black card wrapped around, some heat shrink sleeving, anything really that will block light but not radiation. A plastic PVC pipe would also work, but in my experience using it, it does lower the CPM ever so slightly. Like 2 or 3 percent or so. I would personally use black electrical tape simply as I have some to hand. That said, yours may not be light sensitive, but after playing about with a light sensitive tube I think I would cover all glass tubes from light just to be certain.

I did a post on my light sensitive tube that you can see here:  https://radmon.org/index.php/forum/geiger-muller-tubes/1298-j305-gm-tube-light-sensitivity-to-uv  

I currently have my CAJOE with J305 sat in my window as part of an experiment with sunlight/daylight. It reacts well to the sun. I need to do a proper write up on it, but the results (so far) of it being in daylight are here if you are interested:  https://radmon.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=30&station=SimoTester3

More
1 month 2 days ago - 1 month 2 days ago #6908 by microsivert
Replied by microsivert on topic Greetings from Poland!
Very good hint. I didn't know about it. I'll be designing and 3D-printing an enclosure which will make the tube not exposed to any light imact. I'm also planning to integrate it with samall solar panel to make it energy independent and to put it in a garden - to keep it in open space - away from walls. I'll post the result.
Last edit: 1 month 2 days ago by microsivert.

Moderators: Gamma-Man
Time to create page: 0.130 seconds