My geiger doesn't seem connected

More
7 months 1 day ago - 7 months 1 day ago #6649 by Danielgeiger
from here: https://github.com/rjelbert/geiger_counter
Last edit: 7 months 1 day ago by Danielgeiger.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 months 1 day ago #6650 by Danielgeiger
Does GEIGER send the data through the network cable or by the USB cable that goes to the Arduino?

More
7 months 1 day ago #6652 by Simomax
You should be getting some debug text from the arduino when it starts up an is running. With everything connected up, power the arduino from your computer and run the arduino software. Then open a serial monitor at 9600 baud rate and let it run for a couple of minutes. You should eb getting some messages back from the ardiuno that might help in what is happening. Try and get some debug messages and copy/paste them back here.

More
7 months 1 day ago #6654 by Danielgeiger
i dont have experiencie in Arduino. the monitor show this mensaje:

BBooting...
Initialize Ethernet...
Failed to configure Ethernet using DHCP.
Ethernet shield was not found.
IP address: 0.0.0.0
CPM: 19
uSv/h: 0.15

Connecting...
Not able to connect. Will try again next cycle!
CPM: 12
uSv/h: 0.10

More
7 months 1 day ago #6655 by Simomax
Ahh, nice, you managed to get some debug messages. Well done.

This is the issue here; 'Ethernet shield was not found.' So the ardiuno isn't seeing the ethernet shield. I'll be honest, if you don't know much about arduino, I think this may be a little hard to solve. It looks like the issue is the arduino isn't seeing the ethernet shield. I wrote some code for arduino and the ethernet shield some time back ( here ), and it was a hard one to get going, and I spent a lot of time on it. I was using a clone Wiznet shield and had a hard time getting it to work. I eventually did, but only through trial and error. It's not really a setup I would recommend these days unless you know arduino pretty well. It seems there are some differences between ethernet shields.

To get this to work you are going to have to get your ethernet shield working properly with the code, and may require some trial and error changing pins in code and stuff like that. Personally, I would recommend, if it is possible for you, to get a Wemos D1 mini or good clone (ESP8266) and use that instead on wifi. There are a few examples of code in the arduino code forum. It is a lot less messing about as the network stuff is all integrated on the Wemos D1 mini so is really a case of connecting your counter via the three wires, grab some code and change your user/pass, wifi, and that's about it. 

More
7 months 1 day ago #6656 by Danielgeiger
Thank you, can give a url where i can buy this device? thanck you

Moderators: Gamma-Man
Time to create page: 0.165 seconds