GMC 320+ CPM in software seems not to match unit

More
7 years 6 months ago #2603 by M0OLI
I have the GQ 320+ attached via USB only, when I select that I get no data. When I select the GQ Serial Audio option I get a reading which seems to be high i.e I get 60CPM when my devices diplay shows 17/18CPM.

Im guessing that I perhaps have to recallibrate in the radlog settings to allow for the manufacturers tube???

Any help appreciated. Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 6 months ago #2604 by Bert490
For the serial audio option, you have to connect the audio out (headphone jack) to the separate GC part TOOL-081 . This device toggles a data line once per click. It sounds like you are using the original USB serial lead and setting this to serial-audio (which would count too high due to all the bits in the byte). To get the USB serial lead to work, make sure you know which COM port the GQ unit becomes when it is plugged in, and that no other software is taking this COM port.

If this does not work for you, another option is to connect the GQ audio jack to a microphone input of your computer. This is the 'Audio interface' setting in Radlog, and the microphone must be selected on the drop-down list on the Settings tab. This option requires a bit more tuning on the Audio tab in Radlog, where each audio pulse should be visible. There may be a better description of the tuning process, but the settings that work for me are minimum pulse witdh 2 mS, dead time 5 mS, and detect level about half of the peak that you see (for me it is 0.13). I am using a little USB microphone made by UGreen.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mw0uzo, M0OLI

More
7 years 6 months ago #2605 by M0OLI
Now have attached USB soundcard and have accurate readings thanks. Now to wait for activation to upload!
;)

Moderators: Gamma-Man
Time to create page: 0.132 seconds