× RadLog

My readings alternating zero

More
8 years 2 weeks ago - 6 years 5 months ago #1989 by Bert490
After an offline test of my detector today, I stopped and re-started Radlog, and even though the software reported submitting the actual values, I just saw from the map that I was actually submitting alternating zero and proper values, resulting in this pattern. The graphs all averaged to half the normal value:

To restore normal logging I had to log out and log back in (Win7 Home Premium). Stopping and starting Radlog seems to cause these alternating readings. Not really a problem, just strange. But I think I've seen others' data appearing like this (can't recall who though). I deleted the last 6 hours of bad data.
Attachments:
Last edit: 6 years 5 months ago by Bert490. Reason: embed image

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 weeks ago #1990 by mw0uzo
Replied by mw0uzo on topic My readings alternating zero
Ah ok, which version of RadLog?

More
8 years 2 weeks ago - 8 years 2 weeks ago #1995 by Bert490
V0.41. I should mention that stopping and starting Radlog does not usually go cleanly for me (I usually just let it load upon logging on). After restoring it from the system tray, it does not appear in my task bar or in the 'applications' tab in task manager, but I can always <alt>tab my way to it if it is hidden behind another window. When it does not receive detector data or does not submit to Radmon (usually after unplugging the detector), I usually stop Radlog from the 'processes' tab in task manager, then re-plug in the detector, then re-start Radlog. The alternating display above is new to me. Could it be possible I was running 2 instances of Radlog without knowing it?

Addendum: I have not been able to reproduce this; it's working fine now. If it's just me, then it's it is not common enough to worry about. I can't find the other alternating user graph i saw before.
Last edit: 8 years 2 weeks ago by Bert490. Reason: can't reproduce state

Moderators: Gamma-Man
Time to create page: 0.130 seconds