× For discussion of news and events happening around the world right now

Iodine 131 detected around europe.

More
7 years 1 month ago #2895 by Juzzie
January 2017 detections of I-131 around europe now revealed https://nuclear-news.net/2017/02/15/iodine-131-just-reported-by-european-agency-incident-happened-in-january-2017/

Owner and operator of "southofhobart" monitoring stations.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mw0uzo, Gamma-Man

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 1 month ago #2896 by mw0uzo
Oh wow, is there a recent incident that this might link to? I've been off the pulse wrt nuclear news.

More
7 years 1 month ago - 2 years 3 months ago #2898 by Simomax
Im not sure if this is relevant, very possibly not, but I figure worth posting in case anyone else has seen similar results.On 28th Jan my geiger counter recorded elevated levels during rain. This is the first time since I have been monitoring radiation levels that I have noticed a noteworthy elevation in levels, albeit very small. The raise in radiation levels was during a rain period, and the levels returned to normal background levels after the rain had stopped. Below are graphs from my radmon data and my weather station. Although the graphs look very different, they are from the exact same time period.

Attachments:
Last edit: 2 years 3 months ago by Simomax.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mw0uzo

More
7 years 1 month ago #2899 by Juzzie
Simomax, this is where a small air filter comes in handy. Spectral analysis of the filter element after a suspicious event may be revealing....
There have been a couple of problems in France recently -

http://enenews.com/massive-blast-at-nuclear-power-plant-smoke-billowed-from-building-as-explosion-led-to-massive-fire-expert-incident-very-serious-number-of-people-have-been-left-feeling-unwell

Maybe there were problems leading up to the explosion in France. But then, there are nuclear reactors all over Europe so take your pick...

Owner and operator of "southofhobart" monitoring stations.

More
7 years 1 month ago #2900 by mnrad
Rain will wash out Radon daughter products from the air, I often see an increase with rain. But again, only a spectral signature will show you the isotope and element.

More
7 years 1 month ago - 7 years 1 month ago #2901 by Bert490
Eurdep shows a few radiation spikes over the past month, but none are at the same time to indicate a widespread release. The only related spikes I could see are 3 detectors next to Mülheim-Kärlich in Koblenz Germany which have big spikes but are separated by about a week and each at 7:00 am. That could be explained by a mobile calibration source, but if planned, why publish the spikes? [note there are 2 separate Neuweid detectors]:

For any who have not used Eurdep, to see past spikes first select a time frame of 1 month at the top right, and select View settings of external radiation, T-Gamma and Maximum value. After a Map refresh, the spikes of the past month can be seen. Click on the selected site, and adjust the time frame and dates as desired.
Last edit: 7 years 1 month ago by Bert490.

Moderators: Gamma-Man
Time to create page: 0.206 seconds