Cosmic ray spike, June 25 at 14:58 PDT?

• Sonarflash
  • Sonarflash's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Blind since 1966 - 51+ years with insight.
More
7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #2325 by Sonarflash
My AW-RADW software showed a 133 count spike at 14:58 hours PDT on June 25. That afternoon I was getting ready to go participate in the ARRL amateur radio field day, so wasn't experimenting or moving any cables. The RM-80 detector isn't near any radiation sources. Since this reading was unusual, I was wondering if anybody else recorded a spike at the same time?
Last edit: 7 years 9 months ago by Sonarflash. Reason: removal of extra word

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 9 months ago #2327 by Simomax
All normal for me in the UK at that time.

More
7 years 9 months ago #2338 by Frank
Looked normal here around that timeframe, had a spike on the 21st, but pretty much normal elsewhere. Located in eastern USA in the New England area.

More
7 years 9 months ago #2339 by Bert490
Checking other detectors in the Southern BC (Canada) and Northern Washington (USA) doesn't show any unusual spikes on June 25 (I also checked Netc, Safecast and uRadMonitor). In fact, your RM-80 submissions to Radmon don't show it either. Maybe the AW-RADW software had a hiccup?

• Sonarflash
  • Sonarflash's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Blind since 1966 - 51+ years with insight.
More
7 years 8 months ago #2344 by Sonarflash
Thanks for checking this. I can't review the Radmon web data using a screen reader, only the current cpm posting under Stations. Since the 133 cpm spike didn't get sent to Radmon, it must be a software or lap-top error
Darn! Thought I caught a good one.
Regards.
.because of

More
7 years 8 months ago #2345 by Frank
No problem, once in a great while I pop a high one but only to find out it was my PC that hung for some reason and the cpm data count doubled up and then sent out the number on the next sunmission indicating a spike but wasn't real. Glitches are bound to happen now and then. :blink:

Moderators: Gamma-Man
Time to create page: 0.191 seconds