New station

More
4 years 1 month ago #5016 by zendick
New station was created by zendick
Just built mine and got her running, seeing high cpm indoor will need to adjust, but my questions are;

Can I disable the AP mode when not in configuration mode (don't want this thing broadcasting an open ssid)

Can I get a copy of the default sketch?(if so where is it hiding at)

Thanks, looking forward to supplying good data

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 1 month ago - 4 years 1 month ago #5017 by mw0uzo
Replied by mw0uzo on topic New station
Welcome to radmon.org! :cheer:

What geiger counter have you got? These questions best directed at the supplier.

I have increased the available CPM settings for warn and alerts to suit your setup.
Last edit: 4 years 1 month ago by mw0uzo.

More
4 years 1 month ago #5018 by zendick
Replied by zendick on topic New station
Sorry, I have the radmon plus kit, I'm using a sbm-20 tube but as you can see (miami,fl,usa) the numbers are VERY high and right now the unit is indoors.

I have my voltage set around 320 as going up to 400 seemed to make the reading even higher. Do I have a bad tube, is my house FILLED with radon or am I doing something just plain wrong.

More
4 years 1 month ago #5019 by larkar
Replied by larkar on topic New station
The manual, https://www.dropbox.com/s/ypmfjw97b8qlhs1/GK%20Radmon%20Build%20and%20User%20Guide%20v2.1.pdf?dl=1
links to the software: https://www.dropbox.com/s/fg31zahpgddd2k7/RadMonBasicSW_v1-8.zip?dl=1

Your readings seems to be at a constantly high level, have you tried to move the unit outside or to another building and check the readings?
The following user(s) said Thank You: mw0uzo

More
4 years 1 month ago - 4 years 1 month ago #5020 by zendick
Replied by zendick on topic New station
I moved the unit outside and the readings went up, way up. I have tried fiddling with the voltages but when at above 450 the board enters a reboot condition. I wonder if my power supply isn't up to the job (5v 500 ma)

Either way, is my tube no good? Like I said its an SBM-20 I bought years ago while from ukraine. I'm using the default tube settings from the manual.

EDIT: I am using a 1m sheilded 22/4 cable to connect to the sbm (only using r/b)
Last edit: 4 years 1 month ago by zendick.

More
4 years 1 month ago #5021 by Juzzie
Replied by Juzzie on topic New station
Ditch the shielded cable and see if anything changes...

Owner and operator of "southofhobart" monitoring stations.

Moderators: Gamma-Man
Time to create page: 0.157 seconds