Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: SBT-11A test and Calculating Dead Time

SBT-11A test and Calculating Dead Time 3 months 1 week ago #3455

• Sonarflash
  • Premium Member
  • Blind since 1966 - 51+ years with insight.
  • Thank you received: 10
If all works as it should, the attached Excel 2016 formula will calculate a G-M tube dead time. For the SBT-11A that I have been using, it is

rather discouraging. 385.
You need two sources giving more than 20,000 counts per minute. I use two smoke detector americium buttons. Unfortunately, two of these saturate the SBT-11A, so I added another layer of stainless steel mesh to diminish the counts. Probably should have used another piece of mesh.

First, 2 buttons are positioned and taped down on the mesh and readings taken. Then, one button was left in the same location and readings taken. Last, the second button in it's original position. Each time take at least 1 minute of readings. I used 4 minutes for the single button readings and only two for the pair.

Bryan Boardman of Aware Electronics gave me this Excel solution a few years ago.
Last Edit: 3 months 1 week ago by Sonarflash. Reason: Previous reason. Failed to compress archive file.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

SBT-11A test and Calculating Dead Time 3 months 1 week ago #3456

• Sonarflash
  • Premium Member
  • Blind since 1966 - 51+ years with insight.
  • Thank you received: 10
Here goes again! This editor is the pits for navigating and making attachments.
This is a Dead Time Calculator, Excel 2016, in DTC.RAR.
Last Edit: 3 months 1 week ago by Sonarflash. Reason: Failure to make atachment attach
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.067 seconds