radmon.org to-do list 25/9/2018

More
5 years 5 months ago #4157 by Nudnik
You made quite some progress, since I checked in here last time. Thats great. I will get my geiger counter back online now!

Regards
Nudnik
The following user(s) said Thank You: mw0uzo

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 5 months ago #4158 by mw0uzo

would it be possible to the chart update button reinstated?

Yes I could do that. I put the chart update period back to a conservative rate while I debugged some problems. Those problems are fixed now, so I could up the refresh rate again... Perhaps a manual button plus the standard refresh rate is best. Not too much server load, then users can request a redraw when then need one.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Juzzie

More
4 years 6 months ago #4807 by mw0uzo
Reactivating this thread:

- Get functions for Gamma Spectroscopy done. Upload CSV and data plot.
- Get Soeks Quantum working?
- Fix the map on the front page. This requires some work on the renderer and map code.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mattia

More
4 years 3 months ago #4929 by Bert490
It's so good to see the graphs working again on the new efficient server; Thanks, Dan for persevering through the code transition. I've been holding back on this request as it's not as important as the main functionality.
Since the transition to OpenStreetMap, place names are in the default local languance and font only. Hearing news of a radiation leak in any country not using the Latin alpabet makes finding that city on the Radmon map difficult. I'm not sure how frequently the Radmon server refreshes the maps (if at all since the transition) so it may not be a simple thing, but if it's feasible, there appears to be an easy way to get the map from OpenStreetMap.org with place names in both the local language and common English. Simply request from them an additional layer, either the Transportation layer or the Cycling layer (of the 4 layers they make available, these 2 have dual-language names). To do this, the request url needs to simply have a 'T' or 'C' string appended after the zoom/lat/long as follows:
&layers=T
Is this a feasible thing?

More
4 years 3 months ago - 4 years 3 months ago #4939 by mw0uzo
Thanks Norbert
I have done some maintenance on the map and have been hacking around trying to get maps to be served fully from radmon.org, to reduce dependence on other servers and services.
The low res satellite imagery has been fixed and is served from radmon.org, but I am having trouble with the vector maps. Serving the vector map data is working, but setting the style of the map is a Right Pain In The Ass. And I haven't got anything near good enough to put on the main page yet. I will bear your request in mind, there will be a way to disable the local language thing, pretty sure I have stumbled across this already when trying to get text of place names to be printed up right.
Last edit: 4 years 3 months ago by mw0uzo.

More
4 years 3 months ago #4944 by mw0uzo
Ok I've updated the map on the front page, this is still a work in progress..
Country labels are removed while I work out how to order them properly.
All map layer data that was served from openmaptiles.org is now served from radmon.org. This now makes radmon.org self contained and reduces load on openmaptiles.org free servers.
Next job labels and map details when zoomed in.

Moderators: Gamma-Man
Time to create page: 0.236 seconds