× RadLog

How to preset the Homepage Map to my location, to avoid having to zoom in every time ?

More
6 years 2 months ago #3765 by Hayling
The title is the question:
How to preset the Homepage Map to my location, to avoid having to zoom in every time ?

Even selecting Europe still needs more fiddling about to get it centred on my location with a screen view of a 100miles radius say.

Any ideas ?

RadMon Plus with STS-5 Tube

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 2 months ago #3777 by mw0uzo
There isn't a way to do this at present. However, if you did through the howtos, there are ways to put your map on your own website with different zoomed areas.
Now there are a lot of stations, this feature would be useful so I will consider adding it.

More
6 years 2 months ago #3778 by Hayling
Thanks, I thought I must missing something obvious !
Like most users I would want to see my own locality as a default, maybe 100mile radius as a starting screen.

My Radmon+ has worked reliably since I started it, well thought out impressive software.
I have added a single 18650 Li-Ion Cell with a charge controller that drives the two ports to report charge/full on Thingspeak.
With continuous sampling (no sleep) it runs for 29 Hours off the Cell. Its indoors so this is just acting as a UPS.

It would be useful to add wind direction to the data, since if we do ever get a real release knowing the direction its coming from would be valuable.
I have a weather station uploading via http://www.meteobridge.com to the Met Office WOW site, maybe mash the data from that ?

Regards

Arthur

More
6 years 2 months ago #3779 by Bert490
For wind direction I use this website https://earth.nullschool.net/#current/wind/surface/level/orthographic=(your preference) . The URL can include your preferred map view and can be rolled back in time to match any past event. It also can show wind direction at higher altitudes including the jet stream for inter-continental effects.

Local wind data from your own sensor is of course good to back up / verify these larger sites.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hayling

More
6 years 2 months ago #3780 by Hayling
Thanks, I'll have a look at that.

More
6 years 1 month ago #3846 by Frank
I came across that site one day and have been using it ever since, love that wind site, thanks for sharing it here Bert490. :)

Moderators: Gamma-Man
Time to create page: 0.180 seconds