GeigerCopter Underground Project (GCU)

More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #1081 by Xfrog
Hi, I'm about to realase the first version of the project GeigerCopter Underground in testing mode.

GeigerCopter Underground Project (GCU) is to gather the necessary technical skills to make UAV for radiation mapping and radiation measurement.

The commercial side is relegated to background but will not be forgotten either if needed (kit creation or sale of various parts). The educational aspect is the most important. Accessibility for a smart use is one of the most important thing.

I hope you will have interest in it.

Best regards
Xfrog

*Edit : I'm looking for people having interest to play and improve GCU project. Especially if you are in germany. My IRC channel is #GCounterWK on Freenode.
Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by Xfrog. Reason: comment added

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 11 months ago #1087 by mw0uzo
Cool, what's your plans for data logging? Pyradmon etc? GPS logging has been added its just waiting for a little bit of tidying up.

More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #1110 by Xfrog
Hello,
Datas are logged on SD card and sent in real time to a ground station. It would be great to display geigercopterU real time datas on a map like radmon. It's a great challenge. Let me know when we haave opportunities to test this new feature.
Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by Xfrog.

More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #1111 by mw0uzo
GPS feature is coming soon in RadLog v0.42. I will add altitude as an extra variable! Thimo can you add this to pyradmon when its done? :) The GPS data is a string sent via a serial port and you do a little processing and then send it to radmon in the usual way.
Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by mw0uzo.

More
8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #1142 by Xfrog
Post edited**

File Attachment:

File Name: sketch_pay...V2_1.hex
File Size:60 KB

File Attachment:

File Name: sketch_pay..._0V4.hex
File Size:21 KB

Hello,

Attached files are the two main compiled programs for the Geiger Copter Payload. The encoder HEx can be upload to nano/tiny arduino board with atmega 328P. The payload_MUNIT* HEX can run on arduino board or atmega 328P alone.

I will need help to check if program can be upload to microcontroler with AVRDUDE or AVR tools?

A doc will come sonner and explain how it works.

Thanks in advance.
Xfrog

*MUNIT : Measurement Unit

** Thanks, it's ok.
Attachments:
Last edit: 8 years 10 months ago by Xfrog.

More
8 years 10 months ago #1143 by mw0uzo
Added hex to allowed filetypes, try attaching now.

Moderators: Gamma-Man
Time to create page: 0.170 seconds