Home Assistant integration achieved & initial configuration files provided

More
1 year 8 months ago - 1 year 8 months ago #6181 by rjelbert
Hi
Re: loading radmon.org data into Home Assistant.
I have used the radmon.org API and created a "command line" sensor that displays radmon station data within the Home Assistant (HA) application.

Home Assistant is an excellent open source smart home hub that you control. You can create automations and alerts and control everything in your home.
See:  https://www.home-assistant.io/ ( I am not connected to the project or development group )

The integration configuration code is in in my github: https://github.com/rjelbert/radmon_radiation_homeassistant_integration It's pretty cool to see live data appear in the HA control screen. It also means that HA users can see radiation levels even without having to install their own sensor.I'd be interested to know if anyone else is using or experimenting with HA.

All the best

Richard 
Attachments:
Last edit: 1 year 8 months ago by rjelbert. Reason: adding better screen shot from Home Assistant + fixing message formatting
The following user(s) said Thank You: yVega

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 8 months ago #6185 by nu3e
Hi Richard. Thanks for sharing your Home Assistant integration. The next time I edit my HA server YAML I'll add your code.

I've been running HA for a few months. I designed a water leak sensor that transmits data from a homebrew moisture sensor LoRa endpoint to a LoRa gateway in my home to The Things Network LoRaWAN cloud Storage Integration. Then HA connects to that cloud storage using the "TheThingsNetwork v3 integration for Home Assistant" adapter I installed from HACS.

I learned a lot while developing it and it has worked reliably but it seems silly to send the water leak sensor data up to the cloud only to pull it back down to my HA server. I plan to someday replace it with a simple ESP8266 microcontroller that will send the water sensor data directly to my HA server via WiFi.

John

More
1 year 8 months ago - 1 year 8 months ago #6191 by rjelbert
Hello John

Good to hear more about your Home Assistant projects. I'm also running a LoRaWAN gateway (a Dragino DLOS8 on the same pole as my radiation sensor) and have started to work out the best way to get data from TTN v3 into my HA. It looks like it should be possible to natively bridge the TTN MQTT server into the HA MQTT server but I've not been able to get that to work yet. I'm considering writing a simple gateway Python script to pull TTN application data into the HA MQTT server. Another use for a Raspberry Pi :-)

Unfortunately I'm having some problems with my Geiger sensor at the moment. It keeps cutting out most days for an hour at a time just reading zero. I changed the tube so it must be the PCB or perhaps the high voltage generator. The intermittent nature of the fault makes it hard to debug!  The arduino part seems to be working fine - just no clicks.

Richard

Attachments:
Last edit: 1 year 8 months ago by rjelbert. Reason: adding image of geiger dropout

More
6 months 2 weeks ago #6658 by IgorZg
Hi all.
I built ESPHome interface to chinese  RadiationD v1.1 (CAJOE) with J305ß tube .
Now I have per minute data about radiation (CPM, μSv/min, μSv/h, μSv/day) in the Home Assistant.
Also, once per hour, Home Assistant send average CPM for past hour to radmon.org.
I programmed warning level and if reached, warnings are issued by TTS and mobile notifications.

Attachments:

More
6 months 2 weeks ago #6659 by Simomax
Good stuff, well done. Why don't you submit to radmon more often? Every minute, or 5 minutes is good.

More
6 months 2 weeks ago #6660 by IgorZg
Thanks.
I had intention to save bandwith, but yes, I can send to radmon more often.
I'll do it every 5 minutes.

Moderators: Gamma-Man
Time to create page: 0.242 seconds