More news on the radioactive leak from Russia

More
6 years 4 months ago - 6 years 4 months ago #3665 by mw0uzo
https://in.reuters.com/article/russia-nuclearpower-accident/russia-finds-1000-times-normal-level-of-radioactive-isotope-after-nuclear-incident-claims-idINKBN1DL0XC

A leak from Mayak?
Last edit: 6 years 4 months ago by mw0uzo.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Juzzie, Simomax

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 4 months ago #3666 by Bert490
The highest readings were from the closest monitoring station. Given the history and size of Mayak, It must have come from there. This was the subject of a documentary I saw a year ago on Netflix. From my original post:

...documentary released July 2016, on the hidden city of Ozersk in Chelyabinsk Oblast. This was the secret location of the Mayak plant where weapons grade Plutonium was (is?) manufactured in Russia. It was not on any map for the longest time, and is still surrounded by fences and guards (see Wikipedia article ). The film was taken with a hidden camera and includes interviews with some of the workers. There are numerous interesting stories including covered-up accidents. It is called "City 40" and was directed by Samira Goetschel. Very interesting.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Simomax

More
6 years 4 months ago - 6 years 4 months ago #3668 by Simomax
This looks to be "City 40" on youtube. Thanks Bert490 :)

ETA: I have just noticed the video does not have any subtitles and the auto-generated subtitles are terrible. :(
Last edit: 6 years 4 months ago by Simomax.

Moderators: Gamma-Man
Time to create page: 0.135 seconds