Visit Chernobyl

More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #1878 by Bert490
Replied by Bert490 on topic Visit Chernobyl
Yes, it's too bad there is little real-time data from Ukraine or Belarus, even on the highest density network Eurdep: http://eurdepweb.jrc.ec.europa.eu/EurdepMap/Default.aspx . The only sensor I know of is the Radioactive@home unit in Lutsk (server currently offline again).
Safecast has an area map of mobile readings taken in 2013: http://safecast.org/tilemap/?y=51.26&x=30.66&z=7 .
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by Bert490.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 1 month ago #1879 by bethsalem
Replied by bethsalem on topic Visit Chernobyl
There are new Safecast readings from yesterday available from the link you gave Bert490

More
8 years 1 month ago #1880 by Gamma-Man
Replied by Gamma-Man on topic Visit Chernobyl
There seems to be a possibility to get the readings from the zone authorities. I am working on to get those readings to my site and I think that Dan is working on it as well to have the readings viewed here.

Carl
The following user(s) said Thank You: mw0uzo

More
8 years 1 month ago #1881 by Bert490
Replied by Bert490 on topic Visit Chernobyl
I found the new data on Safecast; thanks, bethsalem for pointing that out. I see a new route of readings was added North of the Chernobyl site on Feb 14, and an area at the east end of the site itself on the 15th (still hot at 1400 CPM). It takes a brave person to venture that close. I found how to hide the recent data (post 2013) using the top-left pulldown, but I don't know how to show only the most recent data. I found the above dates by right-clicking on random coloured samples on the map and choosing 'query the Safecast API here'. Is there a way to see only recent data?

Since Radmon is fundamentally real-time, I think the only Safecast data that would work on this site is from the green circled sensors (e.g. Lausanne, Switzerland). However if the zone authorities make more real-time data available, that would be excellent.

More
8 years 1 month ago #1883 by Gamma-Man
Replied by Gamma-Man on topic Visit Chernobyl
The information that I got is that there is readings from 39 spots every hour within the Chernobyl zone. In case of severe problems, whatever that means, the readings will be every second minute.
The history of Chernobyl makes readings from this area interesting for at least some of us but in case of saving/rescueing people from radiation there is probably more places in for example Europe that would be of interest.
There is many old NPP that seems to take security to low level and if I were living close to such a plant I should prefere to have access to on-line readings.

Carl

More
8 years 1 month ago #1884 by mw0uzo
Replied by mw0uzo on topic Visit Chernobyl
I'm going to see if I can get those readings on the map. First though I need to fix those critical bugs in the alpha! Trying to get work out of the way quickly so I can get the fixes done.

Moderators: Gamma-Man
Time to create page: 0.157 seconds