Arduino code problems (need some help)

More
7 years 9 months ago #2369 by VePink
Hello everyone.

I'm trying to integrate my Arduino Uno code with publishing code provided in this site.
Currently I'm able to successfully read CPM values from analog geiger counter. But Arduino compiler gives me an error when trying to compile code snippet provided by this site (download section).
Line: "IPAdress server 80.229.27.195); // RADMON.ORG IP, CHECK THIS" gives me error "too many decimal points in number".
Any ideas what's wrong?
Maybe someone can share code sample working with ethernet shield?

Station SPINGSE:
RKSB-104 + ArduinoUno

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #2370 by Bert490
Could it be IPAddress needs 2 'd's, the missing '(' or the use of commas vs. decimals? I don't understand the last bit but that's what the snippet shows.
Last edit: 7 years 9 months ago by Bert490. Reason: misread snippett

More
7 years 9 months ago #2371 by mw0uzo
It's got to be how the number is declared. There must be an appropriate datatype for an IP address?
This might give some clues:
http://www.gnu.org/software/libc/manual/html_node/Host-Address-Data-Type.html
The following user(s) said Thank You: VePink

More
7 years 9 months ago #2372 by Bert490
You did it! Good work; we see you now on the map.
Do you actually get such high CPM values? I don't know much about your detector, but the Youtube videos I found for the RKSB-104 seem to show two SBM-20 tubes, and a background between 10-30 CPM (judging only by the slow click rate and accumulation on the display - it seems to be a dosimeter not a level meter, but has many options). Your detector may be different, and I assume the Arduino is counting the pulses over fixed time intervals to calculate CPM and send to Radlog.
Welcome and thanks for contributing.

More
7 years 9 months ago #2404 by VePink
Hello everyone,

It seems my station is finally fully working :) .
I can only guess the reason for the high CPM values. Perhaps this is due to the fact that the meter has two SBM-20 tubes.
The relationship between the number of tubes and the CPM value is likely to be non-linear (?). Colleague "dolphin" records similar CPM values in his station with three SBM-19 tubes.

I still need to try to clarify the conversion factors. Current seems accurate enough at low CPM. What do you use for testing the high CPM?

Station SPINGSE:
RKSB-104 + ArduinoUno

Moderators: Gamma-Man
Time to create page: 0.157 seconds