Mobile GPS logging Geiger Counter Project

• Simomax
  • Simomax's Avatar Topic Author
  • Nuts about radioactive everything!
More
8 years 3 weeks ago #1956 by Simomax
Sounds interesting mw0uzo. How would you be able to upload the data? Would this be automatic from a mobile unit connected to the internet, or upload a CSV or similar with the data contained?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Simomax
  • Simomax's Avatar Topic Author
  • Nuts about radioactive everything!
More
8 years 2 weeks ago - 9 months 3 days ago #1986 by Simomax
I have changed the way the serial CPM is read and that appears to have fixed the issue with the serial data not being read properly..

I have uploaded the changes to the zip file and can be found here: http://wasabi.schmoozie.co.uk/download/GPS_Geiger_Counter_SD_Card_Datalogger.zip

It does very occasionally miss the first digit from the CPM but knowing what I know now about why this is happening it would require a complete rewrite of the code. The issue is caused by the timing from the CPM being transmitted by the GC10 and then the serial is being read by the microprocessor. If the CPM is transmitted from the GC10 before the microprocessor is ready to read it it missed off the first digit. I left it logging all night and I found this happened 3 times in 10,000 records. So whilst not 100% perfect I feel this is 99.9% perfect and is certainly decent enough for my requirements.

I'm happy to call this version 1.0 :cheer:
Last edit: 9 months 3 days ago by Simomax.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Gamma-Man
Time to create page: 0.163 seconds