Making a mobile unit

More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #1764 by mw0uzo
Replied by mw0uzo on topic Making a mobile unit
There is a high value anode resistor in the GMC. It will be 4.7MOhm or similar. Remove it, replace with a 10k. Then put the high value anode resistor at the tube + end?
Can you put up a photo of the circuit board? Should be able to identify which res. it is...
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by mw0uzo.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Frank

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 months ago #1767 by Frank
Replied by Frank on topic Making a mobile unit
Hi Dan, I will take a picture of the inside of the unit this weekend. I remember reading and seeing something before and know I saved it when I started inquiring about it but can't find it now since I started the project. Thanks :)

More
8 years 2 months ago #1769 by Frank
Tried to get decent images, hope this helps. As mentioned, it clicking away for the normal clicks it does for the back ground radiation, but you can hear it, like double clicks for each detection instead of the normal click. I just want to make sure that I'm not shortening the tube life without the proper circuit to run the tube and detection. Also trying to find the best cable to us too. Right now, I'm using a length of cable that use to go to my old heathkit weather station, its one of the sensor cables that was for the outdoor temp probe, its shielded, 2 conductor inside a braided ground/shield. Thanks :)
Attachments:

More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #1779 by mw0uzo
Replied by mw0uzo on topic Making a mobile unit
Ah ok, its R3, (3 mega ohms) you need to remove.
If you heat both sides up with a chisel shaped iron, it will just come off. Be gentle or you'll rip pads off, once its hot enough it will move easily.
Then solder a standard 10k resistor from the diode D3 to the fuse clip. Order a standard 3.3Mohm resistor from somewhere and put it at the tube + end.
Hopefully, that will work.
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by mw0uzo.

More
8 years 2 months ago #1783 by Frank
Ah, ok, I can the surface mount one with no issues, deal with them all the time at work. Can probably get the 10k from there as well along with the 3.3M one :) thanks Dan! How ya doing with version .42 ?

More
8 years 2 months ago #1793 by Frank
What is the better or best cable to use? anyone?

Moderators: Gamma-Man
Time to create page: 0.185 seconds